- This role is to project manage system and process implementations across EMEA based on the priorities defined by the EMEA Finance Senior Management team.
- The role will support the Program Manager in providing effective programme governance across the work streams within the initiative, aligned with Citi programme management standards.
- The role will oversee the delivery/execution of the project work, in partnership with multiple teams, including Finance, CDO, Programme Governance, Architecture, GFTS, Risk and Controllers, ensuring that the defined programme of work across multiple stakeholders and delivery teams, is delivered on time, on budget, meets its success criteria and is compliant with the regulatory and audit expectations.
- The role sits within the EMEA Finance Project Leadership.
- The EMEA Finance Leadership group runs a number of process and systems development projects and initiatives related to Finance reporting processes,
Both within the EMEA region and globally, these projects encompass both business-driven initiatives and major Finance- and Risk- driven programmes, arising from a combination of factors including:
- The rapidly changing business and regulatory environment in which the firm operates;
- The constant need to align processes, data and systems used for regulatory reporting, with established firm standards and policies, as well as to enhance efficiency and further strengthen the current control environment.
This is a highly visible role, with exposure to senior regional and global business and functional leadership.
PM responsibilities include:
- Develop in coordination with Program Manager and relevant stakeholders detailed project plans, schedules, task lists, trackers, risk registers and clear short and long-term approaches to achieve project objectives.
- Develop in coordination with Program Manager the program reporting structure (cadence, management and reporting setup, issues/risk tracking/escalation, scorecard / metrics)
- Ensure project documentation and auditable artefacts are created and stored, as required by Citi programme management standards
- Lead / Support the facilitation of regular steering, operating / working group committee meetings, and other implementation working groups by hosting calls, drafting decks, taking and distributing minutes
- Ensure alignment of E2E project process with Citi programme management standards
- Monitor and track delivery of activity against milestones, including managing dependencies across related projects
- Prepare of executive/management level reporting and other regulator-required presentations
- Lead / Participate in internal and external audits related to controls, governance, and integration points
- Employ standard program processes, templates, and tools for program delivery, per the Finance Org PMO program and project management procedures
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive years of relevant work experience
- Proven project management experience
- Experience and ease in interfacing with different stakeholder groups (including Technology Teams, Internal Audit, Senior Management, etc.)
- Excellent project planning / organizational skills, including an ability to lead project teams towards clear delivery plans across geography, function and other organizational structures;
- Clear presentation and communication skills
- Program/project management or PMO using a structured methodology to successfully track, plan, monitor and report on concurrent, multiple projects
- Experience with enterprise program management tools and processes
- PMP or other Project Management certification a plus
- Consulting or project background preferred
- Knowledge and experience of the regulatory environment in the EU a plus
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, active listening) required, ability to synthesize key messages and “storytell”
- Good influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills
- Ability to form an efficient and strong project structure
- Strong attention to detail and hard work ethic
- Practical approach
- Strong analytical skills required, experience with budgets and financial analysis preferred
- Individual should be analytical, flexible, team-oriented, have good interpersonal, communication, and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Microsoft Excel and standard project management tools (LPMT, MS Project)
It is important that the following key characteristics can be clearly demonstrated, based on previous experience:
- Previous program / project management, in a financial services or blue chip organization
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills and experience operating within a high pressure environment
- Demonstrated sense of responsibility; result oriented
- Effective time management and ability to adhere to deadlines is required
- Problem solving ability and good business judgment – knowing when to escalate, who to keep informed to identify next steps/resolution
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and remotely with minimal supervision, self-starter, adaptable
- Demonstrated people and team management skills; relationship builder and team player
- Expert communication skills both verbally and written interfacing with senior management, displaying professionalism at all times
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and hard work ethics
- Highly motivated
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.